- How many photographs can I enter into the same series?
- A series consists of 2-5 photographs.
- What is considered a series?
- A series of photographs should be united by a common theme or a concept and have a single title. Ensure that your images work together as a whole, as they will not be judged individually when entered as a series.
- How will I know if my submission is complete, and what do I do if it’s not?
- When the competition is closed for submissions and you haven’t paid for your participation or uploaded your images incorrectly, your application will not be eligible. Even though we make an effort to contact you and ensure the completion of the submission process, we are not responsible for incomplete entries and are unable to offer a refund, should an entry be incomplete at the time of the submission deadline. However, you may check on your entry by sending us email email@example.com
- My image(s) didn’t upload correctly, what do I do?
- This might happen due to the incorrect file format. If the title of the file contains characters that are not letters, you may experience problems with uploading your photos. You may also try to refresh your main submission page after you upload the images.
- Can I enter digital photographs into the contest?
- To make our lives easier and happier, you are required to submit digital files, online only.
- What size should the digital files be?
- Again, let’s keep it simple and stick to jpg and not exceed 1000 Pixels in either height or width. Please also remember to keep your files in RGB format, no greater than 4MB per image.
- Can I enter one photograph into multiple categories?
- You may enter the same photograph into as many categories as you see fit. In fact, doing so may increase your chances of winning. Yay! However, there is an additional fee for each category.
- Is there a limit to the number of entries I can submit?
- Again, please submit as many entries, in as many categories, as you see fit.
- Is there a time limit within which the photographs should have been taken?
- Yes. We would like to see your recently captured happiness. All photographs should be no older than 5 years old.
- Can I submit a photograph that has won an award, or has been entered in previous competitions?
- Sure, you may submit work that has been previously submitted, or that has won an award. However, in an effort to promote the creation of new work and maintain a fresh flow of positive ideas, we encourage you to submit new work.
- What is the Book category?
- The book category is reserved for photographers who have published a body of work. Submissions to this category must be in the form of a series where 1st photograph should be cover of the book.
- Can I make changes to my entry after I have paid?
- A: No, after payment has been made, entries cannot be altered. Please review your work carefully before finalizing payment.
- How do I know if you received my entry?
- You should receive a confirmation email shortly after you submit and pay for your work. If you do not receive an email, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, if you are using spam-blocking software, please add “olefoto.com” to your list of recipients.
- How can I pay for the photographs that I submit?
- Online: You may pay for your entry after you submit your photographs through PayPal or credit card. **Once a submission fee has been paid, there are no refunds provided. If you have been wrongly charged for any reason, we will be happy to credit the amount that is due.
Use of Images
- How will my images be used?
- You will be contacted each time we identify an image for usage – and briefed on what the usage will be. Your images are NEVER used for any purpose other than the promotion of the Olé Foto Awards. So far all photographers have been extremely grateful and happy with the way we used and promoted their images globally.
- Where will my image(s) be used/shown?
- One of the great things about this competition is its global reach. Depending on what your image is chosen for (Olé Winners Exhibition, Best of Show, a magazine ad for the Olé, a Postcard for the Olé, etc), your image will be viewed with your full credit all around the world. From galleries in Spain, Italy, Poland, England, the US, Cambodia, France, Canada, Germany etc, to magazine ads printed in all the top photographic journals in India, Russia, Greece, Japan, among many others. The destination and promotion of your work is endless.
- Will I be compensated for the use of my images?
- A: There is no monetary remuneration for the use of your image, however in case they are used for something other than the promotion of the competition, you will be contacted and given the option to decline the use of your work.
- If my print is selected to take part in the Best of Show, what will happen to it once the show is done traveling?
- The exhibition will be archived at the Olé Headquarters for safe storage and POSSIBLE inclusion in the “Best Of” annual retrospective exhibitions for Olé. Should someone be interested in purchasing your work, we will contact you and pass forth the details.
- Do the category winners receive an award or certificate at the Olé Awards Ceremony?
- No. Only the winners of the Olé Photograph of the Year and Olé Amateur Photograph of the Year will receive an Olé statue and a cash prize at the Olé Awards Ceremony.
- How do I know if I’ve won an award?
- We will notify award winners by email and publish on our website.